Ipod connection

I hope somebody can help. I have my original 'old school' Ipod classic 30gb with my music on. I have tried for 2 years to connect it to my Kodiaq without any success. The dealer has told me to replace cable, I have and still no result. If I connect it comes up with USB error, I tried an old Ipod touch and this works fine. The dealer has now said that the Ipod Classic is too old to be recognised by the Kodiaq, is this right?

Thanks

On 06/04/2019 at 20:30, Izzybear said:

I hope somebody can help. I have my original 'old school' Ipod classic 30gb with my music on. I have tried for 2 years to connect it to my Kodiaq without any success. The dealer has told me to replace cable, I have and still no result. If I connect it comes up with USB error, I tried an old Ipod touch and this works fine. The dealer has now said that the Ipod Classic is too old to be recognised by the Kodiaq, is this right?

Thanks

Seems likely.

I've got an old ipod somewhere, so I'll try mine and let you know.

I also had poor results trying an old iPod. I think the car world has moved on too far for them.  I still enjoy my tiny iPod 2 (I think) when out for a stroll.

I've settled on an old iPhone 4 and it works ok via Bluetooth with power normally from a USB adaptor in the rear power outlet. I tried it with the Jack plug connector instead, but did not have full display of skip control from the steering wheel.

I use my regular iPhone 5 via BT for occasional call handling only.  Was powered from USB adaptor in power outlet, but I recently acquired a neat USB coiled power cord from an Audi driver who moved to a Samsung phone. It's neat.

My front power outlet is always feeding my stick on Garmin.

ps - I also have a load of junk on the Jukebox and sometimes stick an SD card of music in.

How old is your iPod Classic? I have one of the later 6th generation iPod Classic's (80gb) from 2007 and this works fine connected to my VW Golf Mk7.5 with Discover Nav (AFAIK VW's version of the latest 8 inch Skoda Amundsen).

Before this I had it connected to my 2015 plate Octavia Mk3 Amundsen via a blue collar MDI cable. Again, worked fine but no album artwork with the older style cables. 

I'd planned on replacing the Classic with a much newer 64gb iPod Touch. But as the Classic has gained a new lease of life after me initially thinking it was about to die, the Touch is still in a drawer barely used.