How to remove outer rear door handle?

Hi guys , I currently changing my door acuator on rear passenger door , I cannot for life of me remove the outer door handle so I will be able to connect Bowden cable to lock when it arrives ,, can somone please tell me how to remove the handle?

i have removed outer handle cover but lock is still like (see picture) I have a diagram somone sent me with a screw hole but no screwdriver  size or type stated , I have tried everything and getting no where , I don’t want to break the thing so ask here!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok for anyone who ever comes across this, I found a old thread here that I used as guidance , 

The small hole to the left, not any of the 3 holes on the right, the smallest one near the door rubber,, needs a long torx 20 inserted into it, instructions said screw driver so I was there for about 30 mins with Philips and flat head to no avail!   so it will take a while but you will find where it goes into a bolt, then turn it anti clockwise until its loss but keep feeling the handle end so when it comes out stop unscrewing as the screw can fall into door panel if you loosen it off to much

that will release the door handle!

I have spent 3 days changing a door lock actuator , and can tell you if I had the knowledge I have now it would of taken around half a day!, hopefully I dont have to change another in the near future, but tomorrow is judgement day as the second one comes, the first new one I ordered was no good I found after I had installed it and closed the door!  wouldn't open again!

good luck briskodas!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As per above small hole gives you acces to t20 screw take small part out after untightening t20 screw and be very careful to position that clip with the cable back on door handle properly as it does come loose and slips out and then door wont open from outside