2.0 tsi engine

JackReacher

Does anyone have a sportline with this engine yet? And are their any plans to produce an SEL spec version?  I'd be interested to hear what the performance and economy is like.

I was originally looking at the 1.5 SEL FWD, but put off by the feedback on the 1.5 engine.   I don't need 4WD, but seems you have to with the 2.0tsi.  I worry that once in the move, the 2.0 wouldn't feel much quicker due to the extra weight over a 1.5tsi FWD version.

It seems a bit strange that its also only in sportline spec, which I like but don't feel the need to pay for all the extras.  SEAT do an xcellence version of the Ateca which could be another option.

I had the same thinking when I had to choose between the 1.5/2.0, the 2.0 didnt feel much quicker and was £4k more. So i went with the 1.5tsi dsg and took the risk I may get a kangaroo.  The DSG while there is a little flat spot masks it better so just waiting for the update. Its no where near as bad as the manual.

Edited by matthab

49 minutes ago, matthab said:

I had the same thinking when I had to choose between the 1.5/2.0, the 2.0 didnt feel much quicker and was £4k more. So i went with the 1.5tsi dsg and took the risk I may get a kangaroo.  The DSG while there is a little flat spot masks it better so just waiting for the update. Its no where near as bad as the manual.

Thanks that's useful feedback.  The other concern is that I understand the DSG in the 1.5 is a dry box verses a wet box in the 2.0.  Is the dry generally less reliable long term?  We plan on keeping the car for 5 plus years.  Not sure whether they offer an extended warranty from new like they used to.

I think the 2.0tsi would be easier to justify if it was the 230bhp version available in the Tiguan, as a notable jump from 150bhp.  Is the 190/230 2.0tsi engines just mapping or are there hardware changes as well?

1 minute ago, JackReacher said:

Thanks that's useful feedback.  The other concern is that I understand the DSG in the 1.5 is a dry box verses a wet box in the 2.0.  Is the dry generally less reliable long term?  We plan on keeping the car for 5 plus years.  Not sure whether they offer an extended warranty from new like they used to.

I think the 2.0tsi would be easier to justify if it was the 230bhp version available in the Tiguan, as a notable jump from 150bhp.  Is the 190/230 2.0tsi engines just mapping or are there hardware changes as well?

Ive had 2 dry boxes and both been fine, one in my Ibiza Cupra did 55k miles and our leon 1.2tsi which has done 25k. The leon did have a micro switch issue but this affects all DSG's, this was fixed under warranty.  The dry box has been around long enough that any common issues have been worked out. 

The 2.0 uses the EA888 block which is used in the GTI/Cupra etc, so I think its more than mapping. My view was the same if it was 230bhp it would be a worth while upgrade.

I don't think it has been out long enough for anyone to have got one yet? Smert on Page 2 has ordered one.

Given the ongoing issues with the 1.5 an SE L with the 2.0 would be good as long as that hasn't suffered any ill effects of the latest regs./testing. £4K. difference is a bit steep, though I appreciate part of that is the 4x4 system. I don't want a Sportline in a car like the Karoq, or any spec. with the panoramic sun roof so the SE L would be very good.

That was my thinking that the performance of the 1.5 with 2WD would be about the same as the 2.0 with 4WD and hence why I favoured the 1.5. No way at the moment though. I think the 2.0 is aimed at those tow rather than performance which is what the Ateca Cupra is catering for.

Edited by VAGCF

@matthab

Sadly the DQ200 has been out long enough that the 2009-2012 issue was dealt with, '34F7' Service Campaign,

the 2012 issue being ignored by VW, the 2013-2015 issue covered under a service campaign '34H5', 

the 2015-2018 by TPI's, Software & Clutch pack updates. 

Then the recent issues maybe under another Service Campaign.

So soon the DQ200 should be 99.9% reliable. Or discontinued as they are and matched to Hybrid Engines with changes.

?

What was this 'micro switch' issue that affected all DSG's that was sorted under warranty on your Leon?

37 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@matthab

Sadly the DQ200 has been out long enough that the 2009-2012 issue was dealt with, '34F7' Service Campaign,

the 2012 issue being ignored by VW, the 2013-2015 issue covered under a service campaign '34H5', 

the 2015-2018 by TPI's, Software & Clutch pack updates. 

Then the recent issues maybe under another Service Campaign.

So soon the DQ200 should be 99.9% reliable. Or discontinued as they are and matched to Hybrid Engines with changes.

?

What was this 'micro switch' issue that affected all DSG's that was sorted under warranty on your Leon?

Its this lovely error: 

Appears to have no bearing on how the car drives but just pings up randomly while moving. Seat replaced the gear selector micro switch under warranty, hasn't happened since.

• Thanks 1