Dash Cam Fuse Supply - Query

I've just refitted my Dashcam from my last car to my new Superb - I used a piggy back fuse into fuse 9 under the dash - no fuse in the socket and no USB sockets in the car - but it doesn't go off when the car goes to sleep. Which as long as it will go off if the battery gets too low its ideal.

So can anyone confirm that this fuse will turn off if needed? Logically it will as if used for its intended purpose, I can see stuff being left in all the time!

• Like 1

Yeah I've done that - and the common fuse is something like 47. But that is switched always - I was rather hoping to keep the dash cam running whilst parked but not drain the battery too far, hence this choice of fuse and that the car's BCM will sort it out.

It's been in overnight and hasn't been an issue - I'll see how it behaves over the week as I should be working from home tomorrow and then will be out and about for the next 2/3 days. Its rare for the car not to be used for more than 24hours.

• Like 1

There is a device called a Blackvue that can control how long power is on and it also monitors power consumption. 

Yes I know. I had one in my bmw - it got left in because the glue on the unit turned out to be very strong and the access I had meant I couldn’t get it out without breaking it!

I have a BlackVue 650S (think that is the model) which has WiFi. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...