AMD Essex

Does anyone know if AMD will fit parts that i bring?

Eurocarparts has  a sale on so was going to buy Brakes and GLow Plugs (All Bosch) and bring it with me when i get it serviced.

Some garages refuse and would rather buy from their own more expensive suppliers while others will fit the parts you bring.

Anyone have any experience with this at AMD?

I've tried calling but after 20 minutes of waiting for someone to pick up, im assuming they are closed but the phones are still open.

Thanks guys

I agree, but I think you need a balance with price/authenticity.

I have heard that even Eurocarparts can be shady but I dont think I'd trust Ebay for authenticity unless it was parts from a breaker. Thats just me though, may be fine.

• 1 month later...

I have used AMD for servicing work a few years ago. They were helpful at the time and seems like the sort of independent garage that wouldn't mind fitting customer supplied parts, especially not branded ones (as long as you didn't expect any sort of warranty!)

Long time ago now but I used AMD to remap my Octavia 1.8T and they fitted a set of new Koni springs and dampers that I brought with me, purchased from elsewhere.

A couple of years later I had my Superb remapped with them and they fitted Eibach springs that I supplied at the same time. 

Things may have changed but they seemed like a really friendly, flexible bunch of car nuts 😉

• Like 1