Error Service: Leave vehicle only when selector in position P

As the title suggests, I'm a bit too familiar with the error. I've had the Fabia 1.2 TSI DSG (manufactured April 2017, driven so far 27k km) towed 4 times to the workshop, last time was last Sunday and the faulty part (gear selector mechanism) has been replaced 3 times so far.

First time was 02/2018 (took 2,5 weeks to get the part), second time 09/2018 (1,5 weeks), third time 02/2019 (1 week) and now waiting for the part from Czech Republic factory, so estimate 2 weeks plus. Luckily I've had a rental car paid by Skoda every time.

Anyone else had as bad history with the fault as me? How has your country Skoda dealt with the repairs? I'm trying to get the car returned to seller as I can not trust it will work any better than before.

Just use obd11 to reset the error and go on your way. I had to do this about 4 times in two and half year period and 75kkm driven. 

I just ignore it. 

I susspect a software bug on steering  column electronics since error occures everytime on that module and only in certain situations. 

26 minutes ago, krigl said:

The main thing i have found out is to not leave vehicle unlocked for long periods of time. In all situations in my case this has happened when car was left unlocked.

Thanks for your replies.

The car was locked every time the fault happened.

I've got an OBDELEVEN but I think it's not my job to clear the fault and act like no problem exists. I want to get the manufacturer take responsibility of faults that are clearly systematical and by design. Thats why I've had it towed every time and will do so for as long as the fault comes back.

In my mind, for a non safety issue, the time it takes to deal with warranty and money spent for fuel for car handling with dealer back and fourth each time, it just economicaly does not go through, and waste of nerves. 

I rather spend 2minutes to reset the damn thing than waste weeks dealing with dealers.