RS3 Brake ducts won’t fit?

Hi all, me and a mate tried to fit the RS3 brake ducts this morning, but we just could not get them to fit. The place where I bought them said they fitted the mk3 (since it’s an MQB platform part), however it would have fouled on the ARB and drop link it we’d persevered with trying to fit them. Infact one unfortunately snapped with minimal pressure being put on it during a dry fitting :( 

Does anyone know if they should fit, or if they need modifications to make them fit? All the videos I’ve seen of people fitting them to golds etc don’t mention any.  I appreciate the golf/audi are not exactly the same as the Skoda parts, but they are all MQB...

also not helped that the front wheels were stuck to the hub with rust, making it an interesting exercise trying to get them off!

Edited by Gumby

Actually, I tried to fit them to my Cupra and ran into a similar problem.

On the first try there just doesn't seem any way they would go in.

I am now armed with some instructions with pictures and next time I have access to a lift I am going to give it another try.

RS3 has a different subframe, so it might be the ARBs are also a bit different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

Actually, I tried to fit them to my Cupra and ran into a similar problem.

On the first try there just doesn't seem any way they would go in.

I am now armed with some instructions with pictures and next time I have access to a lift I am going to give it another try.

RS3 has a different subframe, so it might be the ARBs are also a bit different.

Glad it’s not just me then! 

Would you be able to share the photos and instructions? 

Just another thought, we were thinking that the wishbone in the 245 is slightly wider than the duct would fit onto.  I wonder if on the FL they changed the suspension set up very slightly on the front too, like they did with the rear? 

I got those brake ducts to fit my MQB Golf..& they DO require modification to fit as the Audi uses alloy wishbones...we have pressed steel wishbones....I did a how to guide on the MK7 Golf forum ages ago...

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41323

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Thanks 1