Performance advice

4D4M

I have a small naturally aspirated skoda citigo 1.0 3cyl mpi, currently 60bhp with a few small modifications. I was wondering if you could offer me some performance modification advice to hopefully break the 100-130bhp mark without stressing out stock components and what stressed components I would need to upgrade so my engine doesn't run into any technical issues.

I really don't think you'll reach that level of performance, perhaps with a remap and some intake tweeks and a revised exhaust you could push 90-100? I'm looking to get my Citigo remapped here and I fitted a KN air filter but there are a lot of doubts on whether this really achieves a performance gain. Another thing which can obviously help is running the car on premium fuels such as Shell V Power. Additionally, from what I have seen on various forum threads the gearbox is rated for 100NM of torque so bringing the vehicle over that level will be detrimental to the reliability of the car.

22 hours ago, 4D4M said:

The gearbox is the same as the 1.0 fabia tsi stock 110bhp and the up gti stock 113bhp.

Are you sure? I've read that up! Gti is 6 speed.