Instrument binnacle vibration

Fran57

On all but the smoothest tarmac my 6 month old karoq has developed an annoying vibration which is coming from the plastic cowl around the instruments. It disappears when I squeeze the inner hard plastic against the outer one. Has anyone any ideas how I might get rid of this? I know I can get the dealer to check it out but I only want to do this as a last resort (I have never trusted garages). All ideas would be appreciated bearing in mind they will have to be inconspicuous as still obviously under warranty, just in case I have to use the last resort. 

...Try a discreet, small bit of blue tack in between the two plastics, if you don't fancy the dealer route. Many years ago, annoying vibes, along with blowing exhausts. used to have a blob of stuff called dum-dum, prised in to the offending item. I think this hardened if heated (Exhaust) And kind of baked hard but stays semi soft, if not. 

I have absolutely no recollection if this was a proprietary name, a nick name etc or if still on the market but that is what would have been shoved in to holes, cracks, etc, by many a car dealer/mechanic/home repairer so a spot of blue tack (Or pink, if you prefer) Might do the job. There is also a more recent product, called Sugru, I think, which is a soft rubber compound that is soft and squidgy, you mould it and form what you want to form and then, it sets in around 24 hours, to  rubber. Comes in a few different colours, too. Black, red, white to name a few. 

I have seen the black one pressed in to smallish tyre cracks/chunk missing,  (Cosmetic, non-structural) that may just pull up an advisory on an MOT, allowing it to go un-noticed. Whilst I would not suggest this as an option, if you trust the tyre and don't want the advisory, which will stay on record permanently and if you had an accident and THAT tyre was still there...

Gone off point there a bit but yeah, a few options there.