1.8 tsi engine problem

Hey all,

My name is Florin and I live in Denmark.

I have an 2008 Octavia 2 Elegance 1.8 tsi, 160 cp, BZB engine code and  I have the next problem in the video.

The mechanics showed me error p2004 P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open Bank 1  but they are not sure what is the problem.

I was at Skoda Service and they told me 2500 euro to repair it 😮 changing the Intake manifold ( admision I think) , I think the plastic part in front of the engine.

The interesting fact is if I take out that hose in the picture and I put my finger instead of it, the engine runs normal....

Did anyone see something like this?

Thank you,

Florin

motor-desenat.jpg

P2004 has nothing to do with PCV/fine oil separator. But it does not mean the PCV/fine oil separator unit can´t be bad too, usually teared main diaphragm inside it ...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18436/P2004/008196

Possible Causes

Vacuum leak

Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor1 (G336)

Intake Manifold Runner binding or sticking

Technical product information 2025038_4.pdf

concerning PCV

A faulty PCV valve will allow pressurized intake air back into the valve cover/crankcase. This pressurized air can blow out of several openings. The oil filler cap, air filter and dipstick should first be checked for evidence of oil blow out.
• With the engine OFF, remove the engine cover and locate the hose connecting the intake manifold to the crankcase. Disconnect the hose from the intake manifold side and clean off any residue with a cloth. Blow into the hose and if there is some air resistance then the check valve is operating correctly. If there is no resistance, then the PCV valve should be replaced.
• With the engine running, disconnect the hose from the valve cover. Plug the hose and check idle quality. If the idle quality improves, replace the PCV valve.
• With the engine running, remove the dipstick. If the idle quality improves, replace the PCV valve.
• Remove the cap from the oil filler hole on the valve cover. Place a stiff piece of paper over the opening. The paper should be sucked against the hole within a couple of seconds if the PCV is operating properly.

https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/replacement-diy-for-vw-2-0t-pcv-valve-06h103495ac.html

Well, if PCV sucks through the tiny hole, you need new one for sure, main diaphragm KO is ...

P2004 is related to intake manifold flaps positioning, either its vacuum actuator, lever, G336 possition sensor or flaps itself are broken, this can´t be because of bad PCV ... Just check according the TPI 2025038_4 attached.

PCV buy just the original one, made by Hengst, PN 06H103495AH.

Concerning intake manifold, check first if the actuating lever is not popped out, all is in TPI

• Remove the engine cover according to the repair manual.
Move the carrier plate by hand in axial direction on the shaft (illustration 2, red arrow) and check whether
the carrier plate can be pulled out.

• If the carrier plate can be pulled out, the riveting is incorrect and the intake manifold must be replaced
according to the repair manual
If the riveting is correct, check the diagnostic limits of the flap with the VAS diagnostic tester => Guided
function => drive => self-diagnosis systems => engine control unit => function => read measured values
=> engine => measured values selection => current position of intake manifold flap (142/1) and required
position of intake manifold flap (142/2).

• If the adaptation is not successful, the flap is worn internally and the intake manifold must be replaced
according to the repair manual

If not, manifold must be taken off and checked including the G336 sensor, which might be the issue too, as flaps can move OK and the sensor does not sense it ...

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Coibs said:

Hey Florin

Did you figure it out?

I have tage exact same problem with mine. 

If I pull of those at the manifold and block it- it runs just the way it should.

best regards

Hey Coibs.

Yes, I solved the problem with a new PCV valve.

Can you tell me if your hole from PCV valve is sucking or blowing air?