Rear spring

Hi!

The wifey has an 2008 octy combi with (what i think) original springs. what i mean is that its not an 4x4 or an scout, neither is it lowered by factory.. i think 😛

what i was wondering. is it possible to take springs from an 4x4 or an scout and fit them to her car?

Ive bought some used wheels, and they do fit with an 245/45R18. But i cant transport anything cause when i load anything in the boot it sags and touches the splashguards..

so thought that a stiffer spring with a bit of a raise in the back would help.

best regards

- Mortyy

I had the same problem, there is a part number listed for heavy duty springs for rough road markets or something similar, I used that for searches or various on line suppliers and got a pair of Lesjofors springs very cheaply, they do exactly what I wanted, slightly but not too mush raised rear ride height, stiffer spring rate and dont sag anywhere near as much under load.

10 hours ago, J.R. said:

I had the same problem, there is a part number listed for heavy duty springs for rough road markets or something similar, I used that for searches or various on line suppliers and got a pair of Lesjofors springs very cheaply, they do exactly what I wanted, slightly but not too mush raised rear ride height, stiffer spring rate and dont sag anywhere near as much under load.

I hope you still know the part number? 😛

I have a post on here that explains how to find your vehicle's option codes, from there you can source part numbers and cross reference with aftermarket items for cheaper/compatible items.

Finding the correct part number to begin with will allow you to source aftermarket items with alternative specifications but which will fit.

Completely agree, normally I would have ignored the request for a part number but the reciept is in front of me and if the OP ends up with something not suitable for his vehicle then on hos own head be it.

My springs are Lesjofors 4295088 and many places list them as for a VW Touran but they are doing the business for me.

• Like 1

Both our links only get to the catalogue home page.

Type in the part number under the field marked Article number, press SEARCH

Then click on "coil spring"

Then click on the part

Then click on "linked vehicles" and you will see all the fitments and that they are heavy duty, also fitted to the Yeti