Getting Frustrated.

I have an Octavia Elegance 2.0 estate on a V plate.

I have had a recurring problem with the Engine Management Light coming on, fuel consumption going thru the roof and rough tickover.

I've had it into the dealers about 6 months ago and they have changed BOTH Lambda sensors, the Coolant temp sensor AND the MAF all was well until Thursday when on cam the light again and symptoms have returned.

Obviously it's off back to the dealers soon as I have time but was wondering if anyone might have any ideas as to what the problem could be this time, could one of the above have failed after just 6 months ? :(

I'm thinking Coil Packs maybe ?

Edit - NOT in Limp Mode !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from dealer. They did not detect any problem doing routine maintenance. Picked up my car, and 5min later the engine stalled while idle, and did not start again. It cranked fine, but did not start. I called them over the phone, they came with a portable VAG and scanned it on site. Result: RPM sensor failure (is it called like that?).

The technician said this sensor fairure is very rare on Skoda Octavia, but happens often in VW Golf. It fails when it's hot, after it cools it works again. He said it is very difficult to detect.

They did not have a replacement rightaway, so I'm on foot now. I will follow-up after I get my car back.

Any extra ideas?