I bought an eBay stainless exhaust...

When my exhaust on my tfsi vrs decides to eat itself, I decided to go for a direnza cat back  exhaust, but then I saw this... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182973690259

The image looked the same and reviews seemed positive on the whole.  So for 218 quid I thought why not. It came well packaged Nd looked very nice indeed. The welds seemed clean and came with all the bolts and gaskets needed. 

Fitting was a doddle,  the hardest part being getting the old one off! Being a resonated system, I surprised how loud it was initially, but after  few miles and an 800mile round trip it has settled down a little bit, but is still quite vocal. It has A nice deep tone on tick over, I'm sure a milltek will sound l nicer on acceleration but this isn't bad by any stretch. At crusing speeds and low revs its not at all intrusive and the 6 hour trip to Cornwall was quite pleasant. It gives nice little burbles on changing gear or on the over run too, so for 218 quid, I can't fault it.

On 31/05/2019 at 16:17, KenONeill said:

Well, FWIW a stainless steel exhaust is always noisier than a mild steel one given the same box packing.

It was more that people who have fitted resonated milltek systems have said that it wasn't much louder than standard.