heathrow trip

jimmer72

Drove to Heathrow & back yesterday, 260 miles in total. The 1.5 TSI DSG was an absolute dream on the motorway, very smooth & comfortable. I was doing 75-80 most of the journey & I recorded 46.8mpg so I reckon that's reasonable as I didn't want to get caught up in the usual Friday traffic mayhem. The only hitch was from the outskirts of the airport to T3 passenger drop-off, it was crawl and a broken down bus didn't help matters but hey-ho, everyone seems to be flying more & more these days so the gridlock will only get worse. The Karoq  has now done 7.6k miles so the engine is becoming more responsive, no oil used to date &  no problems either in the 15 months since March '18...I still find it bland though  Regards all.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 21:28, jimmer69 said:

The Karoq  has now done 7.6k miles so the engine is becoming more responsive, no oil used to date &  no problems either in the 15 months since March '18...I still find it bland though  Regards all.

I have the same spec and got it the same time, done just over 15k in mine and whilst it's nice and confortable, easy to drive etc. I can certainly agree it just feels like it's lacking something, only got 9 months left on my lease and seriously thinking about going for a smaller hatch next time, something a bit more engaging.

Ditto Panther, I feel the same, I don't think I shall be looking to lease another Karoq next March,maybe when the Kamiq hits the showrooms I'll take a look. Front runner for now is the Citroen C5 Aircross, there's decent PCH  deals for this model with very similar pricing to what I paid last year. By September I will have made my decision what my next car will be and I'm still happy to continue with PCH (approx. £5,5k) over 2 years.

18 hours ago, jimmer69 said:

Front runner for now is the Citroen C5 Aircross, there's decent PCH  deals for this model with very similar pricing to what I paid last year.

Can't say I'd even considered the C5, found this deal on an 18month lease (5.8K), I need a minimum on 12k miles a year, good spec though, Leather trim, rear camera, park assist, 180bhp

Citroen C5 Aircross SUV 1.6 PureTech 180 Flair 5Dr EAT8 [Start Stop]

Personal contract hire Citroen C5 Aircross SUV 1.6 PureTech 180 Flair 5Dr EAT8 [Start Stop], SUV / 4x4
£245.30 incl VAT monthly rentals
£1471.80 incl VAT initial rental
Personal contract hire ttipicon.png
Contract term : 18 months ttipicon.png
Rental profile : 6 + 17 ttipicon.png
Annual mileage : 12000 ttipicon.png