AC works poorly

Hey,

Summer has come and I managed to find out that the AC was working poorly. Only a bit cool air even after a long drive. Went to some mobile AC maintenance tent near the shopping mall to refill the gas/liquid (whatever required).

The guy said he checked everything for leaks - so far fine. Then he filled whatever needed to be filled but he said - AC system didn't want to start on idle and it started only after some while. That was a bit suspicious.

Now I feel a little difference but not much. Any ideas what could be the fault?

The guy suggested that some sensor might be to blame. Let's say, its dusty or malfunctioning for other reasons and it's getting wrong temperature or so.

Any ideas? Can this be the thing I can check myself or is this the problem to be solved in the proper garage only?

Looking back at your original post, it mentions a sensor, the only sensor is the pressure sensor at the front left hand side as you look at the car from the front, it's buried about half way down and you will need a 17mm crow foot to get at it, it just unscrews, if it's not stuck to the pipe work due to galvanic reaction, if this happens, it's a new pipe.

Hope this helps,

Trev