Newbie question re servicing indicator

modmytop

Hi all, just acquired a Yeti Outdoor, 2.0 Diesel, 110hp, 2016, FWD, on 26k miles. Its saying it requires an oil service on the Maxi Dot display. I was told it had a service at 19k miles. Long life oil is mentioned on the Vehicle History form that came with it. That oil change was 2 years and 3 months after its registration date!

Oh its ex mobility, but not modified.

Looking through the menus, I found the following:

Oil Service 2300 ml / -39 days

Inspection 13000 ml / -44 days.

According to a label I saw somewhere (in the handbook?), its supposed to have the variable service interval. Probably explaining the (very!) long period before its first oil change.

I have also read that if the dashboard buttons are used to reset the service interval, it becomes a fixed interval.

The 19k mile service was on 16 May 2018. Almost one year plus 40 odd days ago.

To me it looks like it has gone to fixed interval. How can I check? Can it be set back to variable?

The 2300 miles shown for the oil would probably bring it up to 29k miles, 10k miles since last service.

Why is the Inspection mileage not 2300 also. I guess they can be set individually. Is a figure of 13000 miles sensible, even for a fixed interval?

Cheers Brian

Long service interval is intended for cars that do a high mileage, typically 15k plus a year and the service indicator will come on at about 18K.

Lower mileage cars should be done annually, even if they have only done 5k miles, as lots of short trips are not good for a diesel.

They are normally supplied by Skoda set to long service interval, but changed on delivery to annual servicing by the dealer as that gets them more service business. You have to actually insist it is left on long service normally. I insisted on mine, but it was changed anyway, so I had to go back to the garage and get it reset.

As it turns out, I have serviced mine annually, 17k first year and 13k second year, but I am taking it in without any service indicator telling me to.

I suspect your car was supplied on long service, and took over 2 years to reach the mileage. Then at the service it was changed to annual because of the low mileage it was doing, so it is now due for its next service at 29k