Slight rubbing of brakes, and rubbing noise when reversing.

kg1

Hello! Just bought a Skoda Yeti Outdoor SE L, 1.2, 2016. I noticed some slight rubbing noise when braking and when i reverse. I take it this would be a brake issue?

Thanks!

KG

If you have just bought it it could be covered by the warranty?

Also if it has been standing for some time, corrosion may have built up needing to wear off in a few miles, or the pads may be sticking and rubbing the discs; again may clear with a few miles and some occasional firm braking.

Some folks have heard odd rubbing noises when a pea-sized piece of gravel has got caught in the brake assembly.  Try opening one window at a time to identify which corner the noise is coming from.

6 hours ago, WFM said:

I had the same thing, blasted the offending pea of gravel out with a jetwash. Sorted.

I had the same problem but it sounded like the whole front driveshaft was gone. Horrible grating noise on cornering and pulling away. Eventually had to get dealer to strip it down and removed a piece of polished flint.

• Haha 1