good, compact replacement antenna

My car came with a radio (Swing) but without an antenna, so I installed the one from my wife's C3 which came with an antenna but no radio.

It works well enough but I'm getting the very distinct impression that one of my plumed little neighbours has taken up the habit of using it as a perch and leaving his little marks around my 3rd brake light.

So, I'm on the lookout for a reasonably priced and reasonably sensitive compact replacement, possibly even one of those "sharkfin" models you see on BMWs if those exist for installation on top of the existing mount/connector (and don't require an additional power supply). I live on the country side and the station I listen to most is distant/weak enough that I don't receive it inside (where I only have radios with a simple wire antenna).

I've seen a few from Metzger that look interesting but come without user reviews, or the warning that they're not compatible despite the fact they include at least M5 and M6 adapters. Should I avoid antennas that are for radio + GPS (which my car doesn't have) even if for all I can see the connection goes just via that single bolt?

Come to think of it: aren't the roof bars hollow? If so they could be a great place to carry a sensitive bipole antenna!

Edit: then again, there are sufficiently few stations here that I actually care to listen to that I don't want to invest lots of money or effort into an antenna project.

Edited by RJVB

FWIW, the mini antenna for the Mini is getting very good reviews about its sensitivity and the fact it's small enough to leave installed in the car wash. Annoyingly I couldn't find any information about the 2 bolts it is delivered with, and at 30€ I didn't feel like ordering it just to find out.

The rubber has degraded on the bottom of my mast and it also has a kink in it, I would like to replace it.

This looks like it would do the job:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-aerial-antenna-AM-FM-bee-sting-roof-mast-S-23-cm-9-for-Skoda-Octavia/263818615238?fits=Model%3AOctavia+II&hash=item3d6cd099c6:g:oRYAAOSwmYtbSKuh

However mine does not want to unscrew, presumably an anti-theft measure, it will undo a few turns and can be dropped to the horizontal position, presumably for automatic car washes but how can it be removed to replace with the above?