Fabia Monte Carlo lights not working in standard fabia mk2

I have a 2011 standard Skoda fabia Mk2 1.2 that I have fit the Monte Carlo lights to. The dipped beam works and when I flash the lights the shutter on the MC lights will move however when I flick onto main beam the lights just go off. I know there's an issue with the MC lights being shutter lights and the standard ones being duel filament but does anyone know how to get around this issue 

cheers 

• 3 weeks later...

..Are you sure about that answer?

The dual filament bulbs operate with two wiring circuits, I would have thought... The Shutter type ALWAYS have the same bulb function but have a shutter cover part of the glare. On dipped, shutter down, on full, shutter up so the shutter operates from a different circuit then the bulbs but may not operate the bulbs, when connected and the dipped filaments may just be switched off when full beam is on. This might explain why the dipped beam goes off, leaving you no bulb.

With light off, does the shutter go up and down when you flash the main beam and do the lights flash? If they flash, I am lost but if they fail to flash, Its most likely due to incompatible wiring. This will not mean you cannot finish the task, just that it was more then just exchanging the light units. You may well need to replace some of or the whole loom from the lights to the dash, etc.

Edited by mrgf

@mrgf - Agreed.

Further to this, I had a mate who'd fitted a Morrete dual headlight kit to his Peugeot 205, so replaced an H4 main/dip unit with 2 by H1 for main and dip. A side result of this was that, when he activated the dip switch (either way) one pair of bulbs went out and the other pair went on.

• 2 months later...
On 01/08/2019 at 14:49, mrgf said:

..Are you sure about that answer?

The dual filament bulbs operate with two wiring circuits, I would have thought... The Shutter type ALWAYS have the same bulb function but have a shutter cover part of the glare. On dipped, shutter down, on full, shutter up so the shutter operates from a different circuit then the bulbs but may not operate the bulbs, when connected and the dipped filaments may just be switched off when full beam is on. This might explain why the dipped beam goes off, leaving you no bulb.

With light off, does the shutter go up and down when you flash the main beam and do the lights flash? If they flash, I am lost but if they fail to flash, Its most likely due to incompatible wiring. This will not mean you cannot finish the task, just that it was more then just exchanging the light units. You may well need to replace some of or the whole loom from the lights to the dash, etc.

Okay so dipped beam works fine 

when you flash the lights it works fine 

however when you flick onto main beam the lights go off, I've found if you half push the light stem The main beam will come on and work but as soon as you click it onto main beam they go off 

also if the lights are off the flash won't work