About to buy a used Octavia Estate 1.6L TDI DSG - any concerns for this version?

Having done a fair bit of research - have decided on the 1.6l Octavia DSG. DSG appeals as we have a lot of traffic around us, and well..we're getting old and lazy. Does anyone have any advice or concerns about this model? Good choice? Bad choice? Going for an SE L trim. Also, does anyone know is Apple Car play available on this model and is it possible to have a reversing camera retrofitted easily? Any help really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I could never recommend buying a Skoda diesel if it has a dpf filter. My personal experience of Skoda garages and Skoda customer services is that they are not interested in any dpf problems and ignore all questions relating to how dpf generation should work properly. I would save your self a whole lot of pain and either get a petrol engine or something other than Skoda.

• Confused 1

I have a 2014 Octavia estate elegance (now SE ) with DSG. 142,000 miles and no issues so far.  

@skoda_dpf_issues

Welcome to the forum.

I posted in your other post.

Maybe better if you explain when you got your car, how many miles / km covered that & it is a Karoq?

?

Is it a 1.6TDI SCR, so uses AdBlue?   How low was the diesel, was the SCR system working and why did it cost you £3,000 if as you say it is a flawed design.