Anyone near Knottingley Yorkshire with vag tools to read ecu pin

karlbar2k

I have picked up a 2004 a4 1.8t and from the symptoms I believe the ecu has suffered water ingress.  I have a replacement and i need to get the pin or sky from the current ecu/cluster and from the donor ecu to be able to swap them over with vcds.  I have tried various cables and vag eeprom programmer etc but not sure if the "no ecu found"  is my laptop/cable/software or the car.  So would apreciate help from someone that has a known working cable and app.. That CAN read ecu and cluster pins

Beer tokens waiting..

Ok for future reference for anyone with same questions:

I had cheap kkl cable off ebay. Used this in conjunction with vag k+can commander 2.5 setting it to k-line and it read the eeprom and pin.  Checked this pin by logging into the ecu ok using vcds.  So rb4 ecu pin retrieved, although vcds is flakey connecting to this current ecu so either it or the ecu wiring is flakey.  Given there is a crack in the ecu box cover it was a safe bet that there was water somewhere now just need some time to get the ecu out and try the replacement to pull that pin and adapt to the car and see it comms to that one are also flakey or if it fixes the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, the wiring to for the smaller ECU connector was full of water, ECU itself bone dry inside and the ECU box in the plenum was not showing any signs of having been flooded but the cable took 2 days of shaking and wicking and spraying to dry it out.  

wonderful Audi design strikes again..

no wonder the engine was flakey as!!!