1.4tdi Oil Filter Location

Hi, could someone please tell me where to find the oil filter location, we did have a mk2 previously which was easily changed with a cartridge, i cannot see the filter now so can only presume its somewhere hidden or underneath.

Many Thanks in Advance

All sorted, its under the engine under belly cover to the front and easy to access, it more of a pain removing the under belly with 9 torx screws two of which did not want to come out on the subframe, if stuck just prize these off  gently and the clips will come off with the screws, best to replace with new ones. On the Mk 2 i used a Pele Pump to extract the oil from the dip stick and remove oil from the filter housing. I would then let a litre of new oil go down the filter housing and all sorted within 20-30 mins. Wish they had done the same with this.

Well when the engine undercover gets removed every year these fixings would come out easily, I always apply WD-40 to the receiving fixings and when removing the non captive fixings store them in a small SS bowl with WD-40 and old dried out WD-40 in it to maybe sure they go back on clean lub'd and rustproofed for short term protection.

Dropping the oil via the sump drain plug is what at least VW workshops seem to prefer these days and it's always worked for me having tried a Pelo vac recovery unit.