Fabia vrs electric windows fix

Hopefully this will help someone on here with the same issues.

So my electric windows stopped working, they would basically work then not work, then the passenger would but not the drivers.

So I went through the process of illumination, tested the switches and motors, swapped the 3 fuses out for new, still no luck, unplugged the 3 plugs behind the rubber in the drivers door jam to reseat them, still no luck. Disconnected the battery for an hour, tried to reset them by turning the key in the door all to no avail. 

So last on the list is the comfort control unit. It sits under the steering wheel to the right, you have to remove the bottom part of the dash to get to it. 

When getting a replacement make sure you get the exact same one with the same serial number and letter on the end. In my case it was a straight swap and it worked without needing to be programmed. Once swapped over and my window motors connected back up every thing worked fine. There is a circuit board in the drivers window motor that helps control the windows too so that has to be connected to get them working again.  Happy days. 

I would recommend to check the door wiring harness. 

If the wire cracks, where it bends from opening and closing. The plastic insulation gets old and starts cracking, short then it can kill the control unit.