Ownership after 6 weeks report

Scimitargtc

Well, this is the lowest miles we’ve ever done in a car. Total of 705 after 6 weeks. First fuel fill (dealer kindly chucked in half a tankful) 63 mpg today been to collect wifey from eldests in Scarborough 115 miles 55.6 mpg which considering Staxton hill and the others was not bad. Had to drop to 2nd up staxton but better than Monday using dealer loan polo with the same 75 bhp engine (youngest son Octavia had to go in to replace a cracked windscreen) it struggled to get up Even in 2nd.. mind you the Octavia has 245bhp no comparison: only how the young are hard done by.... anyway we’re pleased with the car, he’s doing exactly what we want from it, general running around keeping miles off the Range Rover, scimitar and qashqai... 

• Like 1

Yeah we’re happy with it, eldest has turned on cornering frontfogs and tear wipe on the front wipers and with a dealer discount of not far off £3k it should provide a relatively inexpensive additional car for us 

Still less than 1k 53mpg just filled up with shell v power to see if it "helps" those 75 ponies.  Everyone including me will be totally dismissive but a few yearsback I had to fill our fiat uylsse with bp ultimate diesel and no word of a lie mpg improved by 10%.. additional cost outweighed the benefit but I was mega impressed , being a yorkshire lad an' all. 

• Like 1