Front window regulator etc!

Hi

I broke my nearside front window regulator over a year ago when It iced up with unusually clear ice.  The white plastic part that snapped I have now bought so I can reassemble.  Or at least I could if I could see hor it all goes together!  I have all the bits after drilling out the rivets that mount to the panel to remove it.  The window has wedged up for over a year now and I really must fix it, but where to start.  Does anyone know of of links to a good video or info on how to put it all back together? I just have a bag of bits and it's not clear how it all goes back together now!! It is not going to get any easier, so I must bike the bullet.  I do have all the parts there and know that I will have to fit some rivnuts at a minimum, or would it be easier to but one of the many levels of assemblies available and start there

Any input is most welcome,

Thank you.

Nigel

Probably not really helpful, but I tried one of those repair kits for the window regulator & it was but a royal PITA!!. Tried for hours to get it working correctly & it just didnt work right.

So, I just got one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-6Y-MK1-1999-08-FRONT-LEFT-SIDE-WINDOW-REGULATOR-WITH-PANEL-6Y1837461/131708777344?hash=item1eaa747380:g:m2cAAOSwg2xZeGFc

Easy job, straight swap.

Word of advice though. Make sure you unbolt the door lock from the door & mount it onto the plastic assembly guide arm when re-fitting. It makes the job so much easier & you dont have to fight with anything when re-fitting the ancillaries hanger. 

The plastic arm for the door lock can be thrown away. It's only purpose was to facilitate assembly at the factory.

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

The plastic arm for the door lock can be thrown away. It's only purpose was to facilitate assembly at the factory.

It is better practice though to remove the lock with the regulator though and saves bending or stressing the lock pin rod. 

2 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

It is better practice though to remove the lock with the regulator though and saves bending or stressing the lock pin rod. 

Fair point :)

I've replaced my regulator twice & the lock twice & without using the plastic arm to mount the lock, its a massive PITA. You will invent new swear words trying to get the hanger around the lock pin, plus the lock electric cable is too short, 

26 minutes ago, Chris Berry said:

I've replaced my regulator twice & the lock twice & without using the plastic arm to mount the lock, its a massive PITA. You will invent new swear words trying to get the hanger around the lock pin, plus the lock electric cable is too short, 

I've done it twice with no issues. If you remove the lock you have to remove the lock cylinder and fiddle about with the short bowden cable etc. Can't win either way really. My preferred method is to leave the lock on the door but each to their own :thumbup:

Last time I did mine...

imageproxy-php.jpg

Edited by TMB