Is this an air con leak or just oil

justinbarrow

Hope everyone is doing ok - I have a 2007 Toyota Auris which keeps losing air con gas every 2 weeks and the garage keeps re-filling but couldn't locate the leak, they put some dye in and said to run it. Tonight I thought id shine a UV torch and see if I can see anything and the only thing that looks suspicious is the front radiator which just looks like an oily leak but not sure if its air con (is this the dye the garage was talking about) They told me they vacuumed it and it was holding vacuum so felt it was a small leak.

If this needs replacing does it require both radiators or just the one.

Usually I would try this myself but understand that it needs special equipment to do it right to avoid moisture getting into the system and having it vacuumed out before removal.

Does this look like a big leak as it loses oil or gas? every two weeks -  Thanks everyone 

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7 hours ago, KenONeill said:

That sure looks like fluorescent dye. Your question about parts needed is Auris specific.

Thanks KenONeill - Much appreciated. I'm just glad it wasn't the radiator behind the dash inside the car as I've heard they are a pain to get at. Thanks again.