Defecting from a Suberb III

Silverage

We’re just back from a holiday in the US. Whilst there we had a Chevrolet Suburban as a rental car and I’ve come back with a bit of an SUV bug.

I’m currently in a 2.0l petrol DSG Suberb III L&K, which has been largely fault-free and has served me well over the last three years. I’m considering the Kodiaq with the same engine and trim. I know I’ll struggle for economy, but I’m only doing about 10,000 miles per year and I don’t really want to ever own a diesel car again.

I have no real need of the Kodiaq, nor is there any pressing need to get rid of the Suberb, but I fancy a change. I’m seeing nearly new ones on Autotrader at around £33,000. A quick stab of mine on We Buy Any Car comes back with £17,000, so I hope a £15,000 swap might be on the cards.

I’ve looked at the various YouTube reviews and they come out well, so I thought I’d pop over here from the Superb III forum I’m usually on and seek out a few pros and cons from those that have gone before. What advice do you have for me?

You can probably get a new one for that sort of money - look on drive the deal / carwow.... then your local dealer can match.

Mine was £36 K - that included some options that took the full OTR to £40,300.... then there was £2K towards deposit from Skoda... so £34K of my money. 

I'm not a Skoda fanboy, but then again I'm not a Skoda basher, but seriously, if you're in the market for a large petrol engined SUV, you're used to your L&K levels of luxury and would like to stay within the VAG group, then before signing for a Kodiaq be sure to take a look at the Seat Tarraco.

Sure, it isn't as pretty, nor is it as clever inside, but right now, it is very cheap. You can bag a fully loaded (overall better spec than the L&K, heated windscreen aside), brand new, in-stock Xcellence Lux, 2.0 TSI 190PS 4x4 DSG for less than £29,000, before negotiation.

The brown upholstery isn't to my taste, and some claim they aren't as well finished inside, but they are built in Germany and are all but identical to the Kodiaq so should be pretty well screwed together.

I paid £29,000 for my 1.4 TSI Scout with several factory options which I was pleased with, but today, for the same or less money I could get a bigger engined, better specced Tarraco with immediate delivery.

I'm not trying to sway you, I'm just saying sitting in one might be worthwhile...

image.png.4782f0063ae19cba5a2d1cce9c15826e.png

Edited by silver1011