i've muddled my plug lead order on dizzy cap

just done a quick service on my 1300 p plate felicia.

swapped the dizzy cap, but the new one isn't labelled which lead goes where :thumbdwn:

i'm used to seeing a number stamp next to each branch.

i've put them back how i thought they were right, but yeah you guessed. she doesn't start. :(

anyone got a picture or can explain which way they go?

i think i've put them to fire 1,3,4,2. don't remember where the start position was though.

also does the rotor arm just pull off? i tugged it for a while then gave up for fear of breaking something.

any help please? :o

There is a notch/line on the edge of distributor (remove cap first to see) and a line on tip of rotor arm when these line up no 1 cylinder is on its compression sroke at TDC. the caps no 1 lead will be in this position move round clockwise in the order 1342

Oops, sorry about the duff info, just re-checked myself and it says it is bonded to the distributor shaft and you should refer to a skoda dealer for advice. Probably best to clean it up in-situ.