Bluefin

Bobo9

Hi guys, I have a 66 plate 1.2 TSI Skoda rapid 90 ps and I'm thinking about getting the bluefin DIY handset. I know little about cars and am looking for advice or testimonials. This chip will increase ps to 123 and torque from 160nm to 212nn. Has anybody any experiences or knowledge to share? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have used one on a previous car and found it to be very good. The map was smooth and responsive with no drivability issues and when servicing came along I would revert back to the original map. Added security feature was the ability to fully immobilise the car when left in a long stay car park etc. The unit is very easy to use, simply plug and play

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed bluefin on my 2010 2.0 CR140 and the difference was amazing - pulls like a train now in 3rd and still get fairly decent mpg when driven sensibly.

Very smooth map but noticeably better than before and only cost £50 more to insure declared with adrian flux.

The map was smooth and responsive with no drivability issues and when servicing came along I would revert back to the original map

Thats pointless, they can detect if a map has been placed on the car by reading the ECU. A mark is left, so removing it does nothing and your warranty is still at risk. If you're out of warranty then it really reeeaaally makes no sense to remove for a service.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2019 at 21:14, Briggo said:

Thats pointless, they can detect if a map has been placed on the car by reading the ECU. A mark is left, so removing it does nothing and your warranty is still at risk. If you're out of warranty then it really reeeaaally makes no sense to remove for a service.

Ok thanks for that 🤡