Soaking Wet Passenger Footwell

Morning All

I noticed a smell this week in the car - a must, damp smell, upon inspecting the passenger footwell I found it to be soaking wet.  I haven't used the air con in about 2-3 weeks so have no idea what or where the leak could be coming from?  Ive heard that it could be a pipe coming from the engine bay that is blocked?  If so where is that pipe? 

Any other idea of what could be causing water to get in, bearing in mind its rained non-stop this week, I would be most grateful for your help!

Thanks in advance

Do you have a sunroof? 

If so, drain holes could be blocked.  They exit in the door shuts, a small rubber tube with a hole in the end; stick a small screw driver in there and clear any debris.  

Another thing to check is the window scuttle; any leaf deposits around the wipers and such? 

• Like 1

Hi I had same, found it to be dead leaves etc. Remove wipers then the 2 covers there on right in the corner is where it gets clogged up there is a small plastic cover there couple of screws take it off to get job done proper. It clogs there and then gets in past the blower motor top cowl which is easy seen.Take it off there is a seal round it that degrades re-seal then re-fit every thing. Hopefully that will sort it ok.