Windscreen replacement with lane assist camera - re-calibration necessary??

richardjh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have just had my windscreen cracked by a stone and am in the process of arranging a replacement with Autoglass. Part of the delay is because i wanted an original replacement glass and the other is that they need to book the car into a fitting centre to have the cameras recalibrated. They informed be that the car has to be supplied with a full tank of fuel, no roof racks fitted and the booking will be 3hrs?  I checked with my insurer about the replacement glass and they informed me that they will authorise a genuine Skoda screen for vehicles under 3 years old so it made no sense in accepting the non OEM replacement being offered by Autoglass when the excess on my policy was the same. They also mentioned that the cameras will need to be recalibrated.