New Owner - Help pls

The thing is though, the switch hasn't simply been drilled and fitted to the cars existing blanking plate.

There is a molded radius around the switch, meaning the switch AND the blanking plate are one part, or at least designed to go together.

This to me would suggest that the switch and blanking plate has been designed specifically for use in Skoda vehicles...

They were fitted by the dealer as part of the sale, I can’t remember exactly but not particularly cheap, £400ish I think but the sensors are identical to the factory fit ones and colour matched to the car. 

2 hours ago, Steve7658 said:

They were fitted by the dealer as part of the sale, I can’t remember exactly but not particularly cheap, £400ish I think but the sensors are identical to the factory fit ones and colour matched to the car. 

Thanks. Think I'll just keep taking my chances! My wife has them in her Golf and I find them a bit irritating as they seem to be "always active" i.e. they start beeping even if just pulling up close to a car in front in crawling traffic in a forward gear. 

At least the switch allows a quick and complete disabling. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

You need to get up to exactly 88mph then press the switch ...

I should have thought about this earlier, If the OP does as I suggest he will be able to post a thread telling us what the button actually does before he posted this one asking. 

• Like 1

I have seen a switch on the dash like that on a couple of cars (not skoda's') to switch on/off some of the towbar electrics to a battery can be charged that is fitted in a caravan being towed. As said above I would be tempted to follow the wires and see where they go. Is it something unique to the Isle of Man or the job that the car used to do before you got it?