Door lock drivers side

coupe

Not done well here. Window regulator gone and end of lock spindle broken, spring part. Read up about door lock removal in Haynes manual and forums, removed top torx screw (20) and loosened bottom screw three turns. Lifted handle but it will not come out. Am I missing something. I've damaged the door surround to the lock trying to prise it out (should have been more careful but getting peed off. The spindle barrel in the lock has also come out. 

I can order new lock kit to repair but is it too far gone? 

Not a good day.

Any help appreciated.

Door lock inside.jpg

Door lock outside.jpg

Sounds like you haven't got the locking ring turned to the right place to allow the lock cylinder to come out. It will only come out when the ring lines up with the shapes on the cylinder. When it's right, they come out without any force at all.

jkhb.png

Edited by TMB

Thanks TMB you were spot on the cylinder wasn't correctly lined up for it to come out. The top torx fits into a hole in the cylinder (picture 2) to lock it into place and the bottom rotates a ring which when lined up correctly (note for me the lined up correctly 🙂)  and it just pops out. 

Ordered a lock barrel repair kit from Skoda (about £3.50) and fingers crossed. 

In the guide the pictures are blurred with photobucket printed over them but the write up is fine. TMB's picture helped a lot to explain it.

Thank you for all the help.

Lock out fitting.jpg

Lock out inset for screw.jpg

11 hours ago, coupe said:

Thanks TMB you were spot on the cylinder wasn't correctly lined up for it to come out.

No probs at all :)

Edited by TMB

Followed lock repair videos and just want to make sure as pictures/videos don't show offset that I have the parts the right way around although I don't believe it will go together around the other way and the circlip should come from the front of the lock to the rear?

Thanks

Lock Barrel top side.jpg

Lock Barrel top.jpg