Need suggestions for air filter upgrade

Guru_GPS

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum with passion for cars and in-depth knowledge.

I have very recently purchased a Rapid 1.6 MPI Style variant. It has got a very creamy-smooth engine, linear power delivery and awesome steering.

I want to know what impact will installing a K&N filter have with respect to both low-end and high-end performance. Also if it can improve fuel efficiency if driven sanely after installing the K&N filter.

Many thanks in advance,

Guru

2 minutes ago, Guru_GPS said:

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum with passion for cars and in-depth knowledge.

I have very recently purchased a Rapid 1.6 MPI Style variant. It has got a very creamy-smooth engine, linear power delivery and awesome steering.

I want to know what impact will installing a K&N filter have with respect to both low-end and high-end performance. Also if it can improve fuel efficiency if driven sanely after installing the K&N filter.

Many thanks in advance,

Guru

Also adding to my previous post, my car is still under the 6 year warranty and hence bit apprehensive about the mod, but definitely want to know the pros and cons.

Many thanks in advance,

Guru

Thanks for the quick reply @Roottootemoot,

I was under the impression that, since the K&N improves air intake, it might help in better combustion of the fuel [better air intake, better power/fuel efficiency ] and hence a better low-end grunt. I might have been incorrect.

Many thanks,

Guru

If it allows more air in then you will need more fuel to go with it to have a performance improvement but really your engine type is not going to see that improvement with a K&N filter.

If you want to go faster push the accelerator.

A dirty / choked air filter will also use fuel, so these 'performance' filters need to be kept clean, and correctly treated / oiled.

I use them for offroad use, many do, but then economy is not a worry, it is keeping dust / particles / H20 out of the engine.