Fresh air blower noise

Hi,

I guess I have some issue with the fresh air blower fan. for some reason it has a strange noise when it is on and I make turns. Is it possible to remove it clean it and add some lubricant? What do you think can I use WD-40? I am unsure because it has some electric and I hears somewhere that it is not a good idea to add lubricant to things are connected with dust because it can stick and cause bigger issue.

thanks in advance

This time of year you can get chopped up leaf getting to the fan.

Drop out the cabin air filter and check around.

Failing that, take out the fan assembly. Lots of posts showing how to do it. Use the search function.

If it is a dry or noisy bearing you could try getting at the bearing to lubricate it with thin oil. WD 40 has some oil in it but doesn't last in a bearing as it basically a water dispersant.

You will know if you need to change the fan once you have it out and taken a good look.