Resetting the odometer (Virtual cockpit)

Is it just me or does anybody else find resetting the odometer a bit of a pain on the virtual cockpit............

odometer.jpg.f2dbd22fa2f11a93ac00e5969bff7666.jpg

Not doing many miles, trips to refuel are not that frequent, I find myself pressing many options before getting the right one.

Sometimes Just a simple button would be much more convenient.

Yes it's a pain, the reset button just under the dials was far more convenient. Last time I wanted to reset the trip I couldn't even find the option in the menu structure...

It's the modern UI obsession with having everything in on-screen menus; in the BMW I had a few years back it took the same number of actions (four or five?) to change the leaving-the-car headlight timeout (something you maybe do once, or never) as it did to swap a CD in the changer (something you did all the time) -- previous car, press a button on the fascia, job done.

Car UI designers often seem incapable of realising that things you do often should be quickly accessible and things you hardly ever do can be buried several layers deep in menus, they're just so obsessed with the idea that you need to be able to change *everything* because that's really cool, but have no idea about prioritisation 😞

• Like 1

Do people not reset via the steering wheel controls?

Press the display menu button, change to vehicle data, scroll to Trip and long press the scroll wheel to reset.

• Like 2

Yes I found it in the steering wheel controls eventually. Still can't find it in the main screen options, mine never pops up a menu like that...

Still fat harder than it needs to be 😉

6 hours ago, panmat said:

I'm not disputing the various ways it can be done, it's the fact that one simple (obvious) button press becomes "how do I do this again"! 

Agreed - it did take a few refuellings for me to commit it to memory!

• Like 1