Replacement exhaust back box.

Brin

Hi all,

I havnt posted for a while but I have been lurking... I’m sure this has been asked before. My back box needs replacing and the dealer has quoted £460.
Can’t anyone recommend replacement back box that doesn’t sound like a drone at motorway speeds for similar or cheaper price?
I had a cat back system on a Clio sport years ago and while it sounded good, the 3” tail pipe made a decent racket, it woke the neighbours up every morning and it was a bit annoying on long drives. As I leave for work at 6 am I don’t think it would be appreciated on the vrs...

most alternatives I have found are either full systems, or custom made. Which are more expensive.  
A slight louder noise would be good, but not stupidly loud.
should I stick with the OEM from the dealer? Or are there alternatives I havnt found?
Car is on about 90,000 miles now so it may be time to change soon!

cheers.

I fitted a back box delete pipe to my 1.2tsi monte carlo, sounds decent without sounding like a wet fart with a full delete. The delete pipe was around £36 from ebay although if you have a VRS you'd need better looking tailpipes than twin mild steel downward facing diesel ones like I have on mine 

• Like 2