PAKKOCTAVIAVRS MK2 ‘07 VRS

PAKKOCTAVIAVRS

Hey there! ✌️
Meet my 2007 Skoda Octavia VRS. 140k km milage and looks daaam fresh! 
Bought it few weeks ago and I’m planing to keep it for atleast 5 years.

Bought it without front bumper side grills and at the beggining I thought it will be pretty hard to find these grills. Why? Because at my friends partshop wasn’t possible to get the original grills. Using part nr. I got facelift stock grills. But then I found superskoda and got these grills really cheap.

Another thing that I did in these few weeks was fresh badge instal.

I’m planing to make this whip nicely stanced. Static, no bags. 😂 
That’s for now. 😊

Some pics!

rsz_ready-6434.thumb.jpg.41a92424edccde46181b9e8e25d340a6.jpg

rsz_ready-6427.thumb.jpg.98f03f038bf7d0611abc76d97a69d9c9.jpg

rsz_ready-6607.thumb.jpg.9873dbf3670fce8c0bc90b2b2dedd79e.jpg

Cheers!!!

• Like 1

Sooo, here is the first question. 😊 First of all - itks so quiet that I want to hear it. A bit agressive, gloomy, hollow dark sounded VRS. 😏😈 Which move would be better - muffler or resonator delete? 🤔🤔🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Did a electronic diagnostics to my Octavia. Everything is okay, but one sensor in steering column colors my dash steering wheel in yellow. :/ But the guy said, that there is no need of steering column replacement. Not yet. Hope, that it will hold up for a while. :)

Oh, and didn't catch the 140 000 km in dash. :/ :D

• 5 months later...

Hey there! 
New season, new ideas. :) 

1st of all:

I decided to buy some good looking wheels for my VRS. Picked up BBS Speedline, 18”, 7,5” and ET54, but at the end the wheels were heavy and in need of restoration. Wasn’t bad, but I’m looking for flush set of rims. :) 

59C903F9-6CD1-4AEA-878F-A6981A43C06C.thumb.jpeg.52da5cf00c7340a6470674020994e90b.jpeg2nd thing:

And as the summer gets closer, wanted to tint my cars windows. 
3rd one:

Got rid of those BBS, and bought Audi S-line rims. 18”, 8J and ET43. Great condition and looks great in my taste. :) 
53BC2FCB-8824-42A5-80FF-41D9E99E97F4.thumb.jpeg.19e4d8b60ac64210f8a5f668b03684de.jpeg918CC728-7099-4084-81E4-CABC4CD65E1B.thumb.jpeg.0874a06635042155a425f34fae6b168f.jpeg

4th:

After winter the rust came out.... 😕 Latvian roads in winter are full of salty puddles. Hate that thing. Buuuut, I made it on time to clean the rust and tidy my fenders. So tomorow or Monday I will get my VRS back. ❤️ 

And when I get it back, gonna measure front strut to order coilovers. Maybe somebody knows the front strut size for VRS? Billstein says that all VRS have 55mm, but for safety it needs to be done. :) 

You can follow me on IG : @paklavs :) cheers!

9FC0D0B6-5F05-4920-8C85-E1B7F43BE182.jpeg

On 16/05/2020 at 09:42, PAKKOCTAVIAVRS said:

And when I get it back, gonna measure front strut to order coilovers. Maybe somebody knows the front strut size for VRS? Billstein says that all VRS have 55mm, but for safety it needs to be done. :) 

The Audi wheels definitely look better than the Speedlines, mainly because of the lower offset.  

I noticed you were talking about coilovers.  Some people love them and some don't.  I've had cars with them on and have never bonded with them really.  Admittedly, my last set were extremely hard and although the handling on smooth tarmac was amazing, they were really for track use.  In the real world I couldn't make as much progress as on the standard setup on bumpy B roads because I was bouncing off line mid corner.

Have you considered some decent lowering springs and new shocks?  When I had my Mk2 Octavia, I used Eibach Sportline springs and Bilstein dampers and found the setup to be just about right for road use.  By the sound of it, coilovers would shake the car to bits on your roads so you might need something with a bit of give and compliance.

I've put a couple of photos to show how the car sat on the Eibach springs with both 17" and 18" wheels on.

My current car has a similar setup and it works well as a compromise for daily use, although that's a Mk1.

👍

20170319_140128-1.jpg

IMG_20180415_123211.jpg

IMG_20180415_123246.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, skinnyman said:

The Audi wheels definitely look better than the Speedlines, mainly because of the lower offset.  

I noticed you were talking about coilovers.  Some people love them and some don't.  I've had cars with them on and have never bonded with them really.  Admittedly, my last set were extremely hard and although the handling on smooth tarmac was amazing, they were really for track use.  In the real world I couldn't make as much progress as on the standard setup on bumpy B roads because I was bouncing off line mid corner.

Have you considered some decent lowering springs and new shocks?  When I had my Mk2 Octavia, I used Eibach Sportline springs and Bilstein dampers and found the setup to be just about right for road use.  By the sound of it, coilovers would shake the car to bits on your roads so you might need something with a bit of give and compliance.

I've put a couple of photos to show how the car sat on the Eibach springs with both 17" and 18" wheels on.

My current car has a similar setup and it works well as a compromise for daily use, although that's a Mk1.

👍

Yeah, the offset is much better. 

Yeah, I had BMW with AP coilovers, and wants settle down my Skoda also. Now I have Billstein+Eibach springs, but I want that elegant stance. :) So coilovers ain't no problem for me. :) 

But I have one question. VRS models have 55mm strut size?

• 1 month later...

Sad and good news coming right up! 😂

The bad thing is, that I didn’t drop my Skoda, because the clearance is quite small, so my Skoda won’t live their life as it’s supposed. 😂 

The good things are that..

*I didn’t drop it. 😂

*installed Forge DV adapter.

*new windshield wipers.

*ordered underhood silencer, I should receive it tomorrow.

*played a little bit with VCDS and turned on Coming-home. Wanted to turn on day runing lights, but it didn’t work. Don”t know why. 🤷🏻‍♂️

*I was at CC Nation season opening, was totally good event, which can’t be missed. 🤟🏼

My current plans are to new spark plugs (just in case) and to build up exhaust system. The muffler is quite rusty and whole pipe also. As I like the sounds of Magnaflow, I will probably choose this brand. And another one is to chech turbo system, few wet spots, don’t know why, I hope that everything will be possible in closest future. 

Picture from CC Nation season opening 2020.

Cheers!

4A30BE83-B86F-464F-BA5E-09D51A49CCA8.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey there! 

*Putted on the underhood engine silencer. Does the thing! 🤟🏼

*Changed spark plugs to new Bosch Dual Platinum. I was shocked. Omg. 🤦🏻‍♂️ At least I feel safe now. Last owner didn’t change them and I was like whoaaat?!? 🥶

*Measured exhaust pipes and end muffler. Planing to order Magnaflow universal stainless steel muffler 4”x9”. And grab the necessary stainless steel pipes for ‘catalytic converter>end muffler’ part. Hope that it will sound deep and not so loud. 😬

Check out the spark plugs 😂😂

Cheers!

75630419-7B3E-4DB1-85B6-14A07C7F2BAC.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Hi there everybody! 

Some news about my Octy! :)

1st of all! Don’t buy Metzger LPFS! It just don’t hold stock pressure! That was terrifying when it is spitting gasoline when engine is running.

2nd thing - installed Magnaflow muffler, which sounds awesome! Someday I will post the video.

3rd thing - installed Ramair air induction kit and I’m totally satisfied with it. One thing, that it’s supposed for UK engine bay.

4th thing - I said, that I won’t use my Octy in winter, buuuuut that freakin’ pandemic just puts you in the place. So, you need to use your car to avoid COVID. And got winter wheels. Audi Sline 17x7,5J don’t know the ET.

5th thing - winter timeeee! Great season to buy rims for great price. 😎 bought 3SDM 0.04 19x8,5J ET35 all around. Will drive to my tyreshop and try them on, so that I could be sure about the tyre size. I know, that there could fit 225/35. Should be a nice stance after lowering the Octy. 🤩

Here are some pictures from Autumn and beginning of winter and of course the wheels preview. :) 

Cheers everybody and a Happy New year!

108CB9CB-5F0C-4D6C-BF1D-8A17A5A06ABF.jpeg

B9664D6B-BDC5-40D2-A03E-2388A711E944.jpeg

23C1490B-247E-4739-AAB9-5269FA465FD5.jpeg

A92E0535-B606-4242-82A8-945F47E9ED35.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hey there!

3SDM wheels are rolled, straight af! 😄 Painting or polishing has left. Not sure that I want them polished, will see how much it costs.

And got some BC Racing BR Extreme drop kit, can't wait for the spring.. 😏 

Some fresh oil and filter for the new season also!

Cheers!

IMG_0771.thumb.jpeg.2ffbfa98fa211162b366ba3e21b32e91.jpegIMG_0904.thumb.jpeg.282cb9f96ba321f06c7876da35a467e5.jpeg

Edited by PAKKOCTAVIAVRS

• 4 weeks later...

Uuuuh yes, lucky days! :) 

Installed coilovers and I'm super-satisfied! :inlove:

Dampening is set to "midsoft" for now and the ride feels totally awesome with these springs. Lets see how it will turn out with 19" wheels, but we need to wait in line for the powdercoat. Season madness. 😄 

Here's a video when I drive after it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMhyPuinvIY/

Oil and filters changed also.

Cheers!

F292C2DA-CCF4-40DA-9274-F73D5F12FDE7.jpeg

FA116FC7-8DDC-4F8F-AC1E-FCF5D1F602FC.jpeg

B3165CEE-1B8D-4DEE-866F-9EC94D3FA420.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time has passed and something has been done.

1) wheels! 3SDM 0.04 19x8,5J ET35 with a little fender roll and pull. Camber and height adjustments did some few times so that the ride can be smoothe. 8)

2) Got some K&N extra air filter over the Ramair filter, because Ramair filter passed through some dusts and I was like wtf, but them sent me a new air filter.

3) I have got acception from automotive club Instagram @misfitted_lv to join their meets!

4) Got into car detailing and bought a bunch of shampoos and etc to make my car shiny and easy to keep it clean! :)

Some pictures!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Some fresh news! 😈

1) replaced that old mk2 steering rack with mk3 steering rack! Hope that no stupid glitches happen. 😂

2) got some body parts from Maxton, front lip and side skirts.

3) tomorrow driving after high pressure washer so that I can keep clean as f my Octy! 😈 and more car detailing addons! 😈

4) I need to change my front wings, want to make them perfect for stance. 

5) I hope that I will manage to get license plate with my initials KK2211? 😈

will see how it all works out, big plans for future.?🙂🙂)