Door open alarm

Whilst driving at night my passenger needed to start map reading due to road closures blocking our usual route. Switching on the reading light caused the boot open alarm to trigger with the bleep being very irritating. We also found that the alarm was also triggered went opening the glovebox. Is this a built in alarm? Can't find a reason for this happening. Anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my last, the tailgate alarm comes on evrytime the glove box and or the interior lights are switched on and alarm switches off when the lights are turned off. All opening sensors are input to the multifunction control unit and the interior lights are also connected and controlled by the multifunction control unit. I have heard that there is a possibility that water has penetrated into the multifunction control unit  (MFCU). Data I have shows that the MFCU is either behind the glove area or behind the facia. Investigation continues.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/11/2019 at 09:56, Ascott Gent said:

Whilst driving at night my passenger needed to start map reading due to road closures blocking our usual route. Switching on the reading light caused the boot open alarm to trigger with the bleep being very irritating. We also found that the alarm was also triggered went opening the glovebox. Is this a built in alarm? Can't find a reason for this happening. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi did you ever get to the bottom of this? 

thanks

Having obtained the circuit diagrams of the whole model from Autodata it shows that all sensors from doors etc, the interior lighting and the alarm system are controlled by a Multifuction Control Unit so it appears that this unit is the problem. Trying to access it to remove and check it proves to be difficult, there have been past reports that water has been known to leak into the area by the Multifunction Unit so maybe some pins have been shorted. I think it will have to be lived with because all of its remaining functions seem to be fine. If I knew exactly how to access the unit I might be tempted to have a closer look.