01282 fault not in list

blankczechbook

Hi there

i have a code reader with a nice long list of codes to look at, and well bu99er me if the one code i found wasn't on the list....

typical,

so now here i am saying please tell me what it means.. :confused:

tdi skoda octavia..

Ta v.much

ps also the same code reader (geniscan gs200 vw/audi) doesn't like my felicia diesel engine - is this normal or have i got duff felicia diagnostic connector?

I found some (translated) information here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://gerritspeek.nl/vag-com_foutcodeslijst.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DVW%2BDTC%2B01282%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2005-03,GGLD:en.

You can get to 01282 by clicking on 01000 t/m 01499. If you then click on that code you get to an expanded explanation - but in Dutch!

01282 = Intake Manifold Flap, change-over Valve (N239)

thanks -

i thought i must be missing something, so i found an autel full catalogue for obd codes for free download... and got the same as you so - Result!!

now - can anyone tell me if the same diagnositc should work on a diesel felicia ecu - or if that has some different protocol - the plug is the same type!

thanks -

i thought i must be missing something' date=' so i found an autel full catalogue for obd codes for free download... and got the same as you so - Result!![/quote']

You may want to tell some details about your specific engine, some of these faults are caused by ecu firmware issues or even worse, they represent issues that you should take care of ASAP.

now - can anyone tell me if the same diagnositc should work on a diesel felicia ecu - or if that has some different protocol - the plug is the same type!

Depends pretty much which engine you do have, usually diagnostic tools like VAG-COM work with everything that was originally made by VW or uses VW parts.

• 2 weeks later...

ok - little update for you all...

geniscan vw/audi code reader GS200 didn't work on either of the diesel felicias i have tried it on, but the tester works on other cars ok; petrol felicias, diesel octavia(not the new platform) - passat and golfs - also not the newest platforms..

so what do you think the reason is for the diesel felicias not being compatible?

is VAG-COM diesel felicia friendly??? has anyone used it on the felicia diesels? or is there another code reader for these engines?

i will be getting a CAN vw code reader soon too - or vag-com - but i am undecided yet. but not sure if this will solve my lack of felicia diesel connectivity..

i still have lots of felicia coming in for service as they are V.popular here - for some strange reason ;)

VAG-COM has been developed specifically for the VAG range of cars so should work correctly with the Felicia diesel. Plus it has over 9000 codes against the 700 or so read by some if not all OBDII code readers. The latest VAG-COM interfaces are compatible with the new VAG range, including the Octavia II, which require a direct CAN connection..

Hi Uwe,

thanks for your input..

KBA 8004317, or motor code-type AEF

1896cc 47kW

10/1995 to 2000/2001

this is a nonturbo old skool.. tractor type diesel, but the car has the diagnostic socket, so I was hoping the little code reader I have would work. not just should work.

I will have to get another reader for the newer platforms as well, so I may as well go for the VAG-COM. But it would be nice to know for sure...

any uk - eec users got VAG-COM and a diesel felicia handy to test for us pls?

I know most diagnostics give a helping hand - then swopping for a known good part tends to be the next logical step on most repairs: so the little code reader is sufficient for our dirty mechanics to get them started - rather than have them throw the notebook around the garage :-)

motor code-type AEF

this is a nonturbo old skool.. tractor type diesel

VAG-COM will work. If you're in .CZ, contact the local distributor, chances are he's got customers who've used VAG-COM on this exact vehicle. Tell him I sent you..:-)

http://www.pc-autodiagnostika.cz

IMO, if you're working on these cars for a living, that code reader is a half-assed solution at best. Get a cheap used PC (doesn't even have to be a laptop) and put it on a small roll-around cart for your mechanics to use. VAG-COM will work fine on a Pentium-1 running Windows 95...

-Uwe-

ta v.much :thumbup:

i think i will be fed up with pcs and diagnostics soon ;)

going to do a megasquirt install on a zetec with suzuki throttle bodies...

and i have got to find mercedes truck diagnostics too...

i really sense this will end happily - or it will be v.ugly :D