RNS510 Columbus not switching between TV and DVB radio, Freezing etc.

Prstu

Independent Garage Recently put another Columbus into my Superb under warranty after the old VW unit died that came with the car. 2014 L&K car, so 'should' have a far newer version (was likely stolen and replaced using VW unit in the past).... but.

This one is also quite old on HW03 - but is updated to SW:5238 with latest maps.

Had a couple issues I was hoping people might be able to help before I have to take it up with the garage or ebay seller (If there's any quick fixes or if this is normal for Skoda - being buggy).

1. When I switch between a DVB radio station and a digital TV signal it will still display the DVB radio graphic - won't go away, but if I press to switch stations I can just make out the TV picture in the background of the overlay, so it is there. If you look at the picture closely you'll just make out a man in glasses in the black bar across the screen - that's the TV show. I just can't get a tv picture without a hard reset.IMG_20191124_115207848.thumb.jpg.d7e17ef07b8f07db630d89971f6b92d3.jpg

2. My Station lists are always empty. I say always, I have seen it populated once, then empty again since - at most it shows whatever station i am on. This is FM radio and DVB tv/radio. Yet I can manually change using the EPG. Although if I'm changing from DVB radio to TV I get point 1 above. Point is there is plenty of signal, just no station lists being stored/created.

3. If I change station on DVB using my presets (because there's no station list and the EPG is hard to use). Then the station audio plays but then the unit is locked up, no buttons or screen presses work - only a hard reset brings it back.

Is this a software issue or a faulty unit or can anything be done?

SW:5238 is likely as high as this unit can go.

My previous VW unit had no DVB radio/tv issues and station lists were full. Although that had other issues!

thanks for any help offered. At this point I'm wondering if this unit can be sorted, or if I should shell out for a 2016 unit I've seen in an online auction - or if these problems are just likely to follow me even on a latest version 'N' unit.  I've only had the car a few weeks and this stereo is proving a pain!