24 EU Software Update

Wimmy

I was contacted by the dealer about a 24 EU software update. I asked about the reason and was informed that it was to remove a problem caused by too little torque at low speed, which is not related to the kangarooing experienced by some owners. Our Karoq with the DSG has never given any problems, but I'm having the update done tomorrow and will report back if I notice any difference.

• Like 1

I have a company car and was contacted by Zenith who run our company scheme to advise of this safety recall. 

Had mine done on Wednesday. Note sure yet if it has made any difference.

Although while it was in I got the rear brakes looked at as they made a noise like a whale when I was reversing.

They changed the pads for a 'new design' seems to have done the trick.

I have a March 2019 1.5tsi DSG SEL.

The update has been done and I noticed no change either in the way the car drove or the fuel consumption. I wonder whether the DSG compensated for possible problems by changing up or down as necessary? I never noticed any kangarooing or low speed torque issues.

Edited by Wimmy

19 hours ago, Wimmy said:

The update has been done and I noticed no change either in the way the car drove or the fuel consumption. I wonder whether the DSG compensated for possible problems by changing up or down as necessary? I never noticed any kangarooing or low speed torque issues.

Mine was updated during its oil service a couple of weeks ago. Like you, Ive noticed no changes and also like you I have the DSG version and didnt experience any problems prior to the update.

Fantastic that the Software update is not making any changes to vehicles that had no issues in the first place.

Slightly more relevant will be what it has done to those that were not behaving as the engineers intended and were the ones that required VW to come up with the Software Update.

I took the recall seriously and had it done despite there being no obvious problems. As I was able to combine the visit with a trip to a nearby Retail Park, it wasn't an inconvenience. The update to our DSG model had no effect, but it may well have done. Therefore the point of my post is to inform people that if they don't experience any problems, then don't bother with the update.

• Like 1

The Warranty unfortunately has in the T&C's about Recalls and Updates.

So a owner needs to think and consider, is it a Recall, is it a Voluntary Recall or is it a Service Campaign.

*Basically they are trying to scare people into having Updates that can save them grief, and if it messes up a car they think they get away with it.  So be sure if they are making out it is for yours and others safety, they are going to sort out any issues they introduce, like happened with the 'Emissions Fix' for Euro 5 TDI's.*

Dealerships are paid to do the Recall Actions, they take no blame.  They are the Agent for you and Skoda, they are responsible as well.

Have Skoda UK give a 'Peace of mind' signature on a letter saying, 'If we mess up your good car we are going to make that right'.

Screenshot 2019-12-08 at 14.52.45.png

SKODA_Warranty_Terms_November_2018.59c8de521ff537083074db669bd4a47d (2).pdf

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1