Octavia MKIII Columbus Satnav stopped showing traffic congestion

My Columbus Satnav in my MKIII Octavia seems to have stopped showing traffic congestion on the map when following a route .

I still get the occasional " Warning slow traffic in 5 miles " etc but nothing to the level i was getting or not showing any " red lines " to show slow traffic etc , this is also having an effect on the " dynamic route " option , although i have to admit thats not always the worst thing as in my opinion its way to sensitive .

Anyone else experiencing this or has previously ans resolved the issue ?

Thanks in advance 

Dykey

To be honest i dont think i have a Skoda connect subscription , i bought the car from Evan Halshaw almost to years ago and this functionality was working ... does the subscription go by vehicle or by owner ?

12 minutes ago, Dykey2108 said:

To be honest i dont think i have a Skoda connect subscription , i bought the car from Evan Halshaw almost to years ago and this functionality was working ... does the subscription go by vehicle or by owner ?

The first year is free after activation and goes by VIN, tied to the activator.

Try phoning Skoda Connect, quote your VIN and see if it’s now deactivated. I’m sure they will allow you to register (and pay) for their services. FYI it’s £44 for the service that includes real time traffic info amongst others.

Although i dont know i am unsure this would be the issue , the car is a 63 plate so i suspect it would have been activated long before i purchased the car if this was the case and would have expected this issue to have cropped up before now after i had purchased it ( if subscription is every 12months it would have expired before now )

I have a 13 plate with MIB1 Columbus and my Traffic information stopped working a couple of years ago. It worked perfectly for some time and then suddenly stopped, no idea why and I have not been able to find any explanation from other folk. I have up to date firmware and maps but it just doesn't work. I now use Waze on my phone as the traffic is always up to date and re-routes very quickly and dynamically. I have never heard of Skoda Connect. I have just checked Skoda Connect on the web and it's only available for 2017 vehicles and onwards. The older units used TMC information transmitted via FM radio.

Edited by Paulius55

So are there different TMC settings for DAB and FM ? 

I still get the traffic warnings when I press the traffic button which tells me something is working just seems it doesn’t pick up congestion or reroute anymore when following a route .. wandering If I have changed a TMC setting in error ??

I wouldn’t known but if it’s worked previously and it isn’t working now then I would suggest that isn’t the issue ... I didn’t think live traffic updates on the inbuilt Satnav relied on an internet connection?

Whilst I can't help with your issue, I can offer another raised hand for Waze.

After using the inbuilt system and Waze side-by-side, Waze has saved me many, many times, rerouting me around issues ahead, that the Columbus would have happily sent me straight into.

I am subscribed to Skoda Connect too, and even this doesn't seem to improve things much.

On 18/12/2019 at 13:47, jjc said:

Have you got an active SIM in as without an internet connection it cannot get the data

John

The older Columbus does not have a SIM and only receives TMC traffic information from FM radio stations, which it is supposed to pass to the navigation system to affect the dynamic routing. This can work well, but also can be significantly out of date and in some cases, like mine, just suddenly stops working. It is not the same as having TP enabled on FM or DAB, where traffic announcements will interrupt whatever is playing on the system. That still works.