Warranty and Water Ingress in New Citigo

Semacarr

This water ingress has become an issue as the dealer is refusing to cover costs under my warranty. I've got upto 3 inches of water in passenger and driver foot wells and I was told that Iit is my problem as I should clear out skuttle area...since when has this been a prerequisite of a car owner, let alone a new car? Unable to find any info relating to this in owner's manual.

The carpets are ruined and the car is less than 2 years old. Dealer being less than helpful!

Has anyone come across this problem? Any advice greatly received . 😊

20191224_092401.jpg

Wow - you've even got leaves floating in there!

I once had a major water leak on a Fiat Punto  - I removed seats and carpets and under felt and managed to dry/save them

Has the plenum chamber/skuttle become blocked with leaves etc? - on any car this becomes an issue after a while. If this has been the case (the floating leaves suggest a potential drain blocker source!) then I suspect you won't get very far with Skoda. If you can’t sort yourself I'd find a cheaper independent garage to help sort this out.

Edited by bigjohn