Error esp fault

Vrsla

Hi, I was driving my Mk2 octy vrs yesterday and all of a sudden she beeped and said error esp. This was accompanied by the esp light on the dash along with the flat wheel light. It went off after 20 mins of driving or so but came on again shortly after again. Switching the car on and off doesn't clear it. I ran codes but it's not giving me any. Any ideas to what it could be? Thanks

17 hours ago, Vrsla said:

the esp light on the dash along with the flat wheel light.

Check the pressures in both tyres on that axle; they should be the same and if they're not will confuse the sensor into thinking you have wheel spin.

On 01/01/2020 at 08:39, silver1011 said:

What code reader are you using?

An ESP light will almost always log a fault. Ideally you need VCDS.

I'm only using one of them cheap wee blue obd readers from ebay. I'd love to use vcds but I haven't got a decent laptop atm. A mate of mine has an autel reader so I might get him to look at it. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 13:17, KenONeill said:

Check the pressures in both tyres on that axle; they should be the same and if they're not will confuse the sensor into thinking you have wheel spin.

I checked both wheels and there both the same. Would an improperly balanced wheel cause this?