Oil Catch Can

terozone

Hello everyone

I am now an owner of a new Karoq with 1.5 TSI engine. I am reading that this engine has an AOS (air oil separator) from factory. In this case, is it also a good idea to fit an oil catch can on the car? I want to prevent the carbon buildup as much as possible, but I am thinking the catch can is overkill since the engine already had the separation technology. 

thanks for the answer. so does this engine have the dual injector technology (port and cylinder injectors)? I see in the manual that it just has direct injectors. it is 1.5 TSI DADA DPCA engine. The car is from October 2019.  

I am pretty sure your engine only has direct injection like my older 1.4tsi.

The 1.8 and 2.0tsi have the dual injection systems.

How long are you intending to keep the car? I have had mine for about 6 years but only 65k km and there is no noticeable deterioration in power or consumption. I expect to have to consider a head clean at 100k km if we keep the car.