Anyone have pictures of non vRS with lowering springs?

Hi guys, happy new year!

Does anyone have any photos of MK3 Octavia estates (NOT vRS), with lowering springs installed? I've seen lots of lowered vRS photos but struggling to find standard Octavia estate photos.

Thanks in advance.  

@golf2 We as well have our own forum with all the answer I'm offering 😁

I have recently lowered my elegance estate*.  I'm away for a couple of days but when I get a chance I will get a snap if no one else gets there first.  In theory they should be the same height as vrs due to the suspension components being the same bar the torsion beam vs IRS.  Mine may be slightly different in height from standard as I have B6 shocks fitted.

*Eibach pro springs

2 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

@golf2 We as well have our own forum with all the answer I'm offering 😁

I have recently lowered my elegance estate*.  I'm away for a couple of days but when I get a chance I will get a snap if no one else gets there first.  In theory they should be the same height as vrs due to the suspension components being the same bar the torsion beam vs IRS.  Mine may be slightly different in height from standard as I have B6 shocks fitted.

*Eibach pro springs

Haha that's true! Thank you very much for all your help, it's very much appreciated.

That would be great, mine is also an elegance estate so would be ideal, and I was swaying towards the Eibach Pro kit. I've used them on other cars with good results. I was trying to decide between the Eibach Pro or Sportline but with the OEM shocks.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't go for sportline with oem shocks.  As an elegance i'm guessing it's in the 2013-2015 age range so 40-60k miles?  One of my front shocks was close to needing changing at around 45k and I got a lump back from PPI so spent it on b6 shocks.  Ran them for 9-10 months on stock springs and gave myself a xmas present of pro kit springs before xmas.  They are definitely stiffer but more controlled at all speeds and go with the B6 shocks nicely.  I don't know how the Pro kit would feel on oem shocks however.

• Thanks 1

I'm actually in a similar sutuation as you were, one of the front shocks is leaking so I was going to replace all 4 shocks with B4 shocks or Sachs OEM equivalents. I was tempted by the B6 but I think I'd prefer to stick with the slightly softer B4 just for the extra comfort as I use the car for long commutes. I think my ideal setup would be stock shocks with the Pro springs for longevity. Thanks for the info!

Mine is on standard shocks and HR 40mm lowering springs.

Looking at spacers for this year. Some of those photos show how much it needs them! Shock Absorbers are due to be replaced on a longer term basis and there isn't currently anything wrong with the stock ones. 

IMG_20200106_141721.jpg

IMG_20200106_141657.jpg

IMG_20200106_141746.jpg

That looks good! Thanks for the pics, that's exactly what I was after. I like it on the 17" Teron wheels. I've actually just swapped mine for a set of 18" Alaris and I've got 15mm spacers on the rear and 12.5mm on the front. I just need the lowering springs now as it looks even higher up on the 18" wheels.

Nice scenery in the second pic!

Thanks, the pictures were taken in France & Andorra. 

A future request, could you post a picture once lowered so I can see the 12.5mm spacers and 15mm spacers? Might help me decide on the actual size I want. Currently thinking 12mm all round.

1 minute ago, J_D said:

A future request, could you post a picture once lowered so I can see the 12.5mm spacers and 15mm spacers? Might help me decide on the actual size I want. Currently thinking 12mm all round.

Yes no problem at all. I originally had 20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front but I personally found it too much. It looked too obvious that spacers were installed but that could be due to it not being lowered.

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/01/2020 at 15:37, J_D said:

Here are the photos with the Eibach Pro springs fitted and the 15mm rear \ 12mm front H&R spacers. As you can see the results are fairly subtle which is what I wanted. I wanted it to look like it came out of the factory like that.

Before lowering and without spacers with 17" Teron alloys:

car2.thumb.jpg.848c68b9156ffa3d7357ce2f06dc590e.jpg

After Lowering with spacers and 18" Alaris alloys:

car1.thumb.jpg.a97c0c15417ecde45da41e6501508fca.jpg

car3.thumb.jpg.4bb04924ca535aa22d47fc51f9eba0ec.jpg

car4.jpg

Edited by golf2
  • Like 1

Looks great, lowering really seems to suit the wheel arches well on Octavia's. 

The spacers look good. Maybe 12mm front / 15mm rear is the way to go!

I would highly recommend the Eibach springs for retaining comfort. I also fitted new Sachs shocks but the ride quality is very good. It's only slightly firmer than standard, barely noticeable.

I think once the car is lowered, you can get away with thicker spacers, it just looks a bit odd when you've got 20mm spacers and the car is still up on stilts!

• 4 months later...

Hi. Did someone lowered their non vRS Octavia with Eibach Sportline springs? I want to lower mine, but all Pro kits that I've seen lowers front more then rear (2.0 TDI witch DSG). 🤷‍♂️