Parcel Shelf

Is it the actual hinges on the shelf or is it the protrusions/pins the shelf sits/pivots on? These are prone to snap due to often the shelf is not fully down as the tailgate closes, forcing the tailgate against the shelf, fracturing these pins.

I feel my sarcasm at the beginning of the post has been somewhat missed.

i was saying it isn’t broken.

I’m looking to see if there is another type of shelf different to the standard, something like an estate that retracts in.

Sarcasm wasn’t missed by me. I can smell it a mile off.

I’ve never seen anything like this, I’d be surprised if there was a genuine fit part, the roller mechanism is a lot bigger than the hinge points. 

I guess you could make something up, but I can’t imagine it’d be easy. I haven’t found anything from a quick trawl of the web either

Sarcasm came across more as crap English...

But no, there is no alternative unless you were to invent one. If you DO, let us know as others will most likely want to obtain one, too. (That is 1, not 1 OR 2)! 

And THAT is how sarcasm SHOULD be!

I think the estate will be a different width etc so even if it was the same profile, the length will be way too long so you will only need a short bit. then, I suppose you would need to ad/move any latches etc. 

You do know though, there are THREE positions for the regular shelf? The normal hight, a lower set of pins to rest it on so as to have a small boot with a bigger top space and then, it slides down behind the seats to fully utilise the hatch area whilst not leaving it behind. 

You may though, be thinking of lowering the rear seats and having a nice, long cover. Some sort of roller blind!