Wet wet wet (water ingress)

Hi, I recently purchased a 2014 superb estate 2.0 elegance. Other than the fairly unreliable bluetooth media player, the first six weeks have been a happy affair; until it rained heavily that is and the rear passenger footwell was left swimming. Realise there are lots of threads on this, but wondered if anyone would be kind enough to offer further insight/confirmation? 

- pollen filter seal is the likely culprit, is that right? 

- I bought it second hand from an independent dealer 8-weeks ago, do they have any responsibility (spoke to the owner and he suggested I'd need to take it to my mechanic at my cost)? 

- the light in the rear passenger footwell isn't working, is this likely as a result of the leak? Any more obvious damage on the horizon as a result of this leak? 

In general, having owned Fords previously which have all been incredibly reliable, I feel massively let down having bought a car that appears to commonly let in masses of water and seemingly causes a lot of owners a headache. But onwards and upwards I hope...

Just spoke with my mechanic who said he sees it a lot. Reckons it usually comes in from the front and ends up in the back, which I'm sure does happen, but then the front passenger side would have to be wet too wouldn't it? And in my case it's not...

Any thoughts? (Door and window seals all appear in tact). 

Thanks in advance 

I had the same problem in my Mk1, in that case it was the bulkhead drain hole that was blocked and water collected until it leaked through the bulkhead cable holes.

This happened in my case due to the car being reversed parked on my sloped drive. With heavy rain, all water from the bonnet and windscreen was flowing into the bulkhead scuttle. With my Mk11 I have made sure that the car is parked on the level so that heavy rain will be disbursed more evenly over the surfaces.

Not had the same problem in over 4 years.

Pete

Cheers Pete. My driveway is level, however where I park at work isn't so that's a good tip. In a correction to one of my previous posts, I've now discovered that underneath the mat in the front passenger side is also wet, so it sounds as though my mechanic's right about it travelling front to rear. Taking it in and will update when its sorted in case it's useful to any future 'flood victims'.