How bad is overheeting for CDAA (plus random byuing advice)

Hi There, first post, potential Octavia II Facelift owner.

I'm searching for a 4x4 1.8TSI Mk2 and found an ad that looked too good to be true. Checked the VIN on vin-info.com (worth the money) and found a record with images: the car had been involved in a minor frontend collision, apparently repaired afterwards. Bonnet is squashed, bumper broken, both fenders, left headlight and the frame that holds the radiator is bent, probably the radiator itself. No airbag deployed, it doesn't look serious and the car seems a good find at only 130k km, proven by vin check. Interior is like new, no signs of wear on seats, steering wheel, buttons or trim.

I was told to roughly assess potential wheel misalignment due to the collision by comparing the wheelbase at both sides with a tape measure. I doubt there will be any, considering the impact was quite high, but will check this anyway. Something else that bothers me is the cooling system. The radiator may or may not have been replaced and this may or may not have been done properly. I can easily throw in a new one, but I'll be on the lookout for coolant leaks and overheating. On the subject - how bad it is for the CDAA engine if happens to overheat on the road? Am I safe if I monitor the gauge and stop immediately if I find it going up?

Any other generic advice is welcome, first time VAG owner-to-be, I only drove Japanese so far...

Cheers